Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add comment in protected worksheet

Can we add a comment for cells in a protected worksheet. I wanted to allow
feature to only add comment and not allow user to do any other modifications
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

EXCEL 2007

Yes.

To achieve take the following actions:-

1. Home / Cells group / click on downwards facing arrow in Format / Protect
Sheet / Protect Sheet window should launch / in here the following 3 fields
should have a tick in them:-

Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells

Select locked cells

Select unlocked cells

2. Add a tick to the following field:-

Edit objects

OK

3. To test try and enter data into any cells of the Protected Sheet (you
should not be able to do this).

4. Shift F2 in any cell / comments pane opens / insert comment / click in
another cell / comment goes in successfully.

Save file.

Thanks.

"Suju Thomas" wrote:

Can we add a comment for cells in a protected worksheet. I wanted to allow
feature to only add comment and not allow user to do any other modifications

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all cells.

FormatCellsProtectionLock all cells.

ToolsProtectionProtect Worksheet.

Allow users to...........select locked and unlocked cells, edit objects.

Add a password if you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP