Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zuo Zuo is offline

Default Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col

Hi,

I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value
and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a
match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the
value in the same row but the next column over (D).

Example:

A B C D
359 375 10012
456 125 10031
125 10031 952 10052
854 444 10017

The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3)
matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the value located in the
next column over in the same row.

Thanks,

Zuo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Zuo" wrote:
I have a a set of values in A1 through A100.
I need to look up each value and find a match in
another set of values located in C1 through C200.
If a match is found then I need the formula located
in column B to return the value in the same row but
the next column over (D).

=IF(ISNUMBER(VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0)),
VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0), "")

Copy down through A100.

If you have Excel 2007, I believe this can be written more succinctly. I do
not have Excel 2007, but I believe the following syntax works:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0)), "")

I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value
and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a
match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the
value in the same row but the next column over (D).

Example:

A B C D
359 375 10012
456 125 10031
125 10031 952 10052
854 444 10017

The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3)
matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the value located in the
next column over in the same row.

Thanks,

Zuo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Zuo Zuo is offline

Default Match value in one column and return value in same row in next

Thank you so much it works perfect!