Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to protect a column or columns

I have created a worksheet and want to protect several cells or columns so
that they can only be changed by me. However there are other cells or
columns that I want accessible to other users.

How can this be done or Can it be done?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Highlight the cells you want to be editable by others, go to Format Cells
Protetion and uncheck Locked.

Next, go to Tools Protection Protect Sheet to lock out all other cells.

Create a password if desired.

when you want to edit the locked cells, go to Tools Protection Unprotect
Sheet.

Make sure to re-protect when you finish.

"Clarence" wrote:

I have created a worksheet and want to protect several cells or columns so
that they can only be changed by me. However there are other cells or
columns that I want accessible to other users.

How can this be done or Can it be done?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is
enabled.

It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet
is protected.

FormatCellsProtection is where you would change the "locked" or "unlocked"
status.

Select all cells and unlock them.

Select the cells to be locked and lock them

Then ToolsProtectProtect Sheet.......add a password.

Note the selectable options under "allow users to" when protecting,
specifically allowing inserting rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP