Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Seb Seb is offline

Default COUNTIF using conditions

I have a spreadsheet with multiple column.

For example :

Satus Id
Delivered 12
Not delivered 13
Delivered --
Delivered 14

I would to count the number of non-blank cells in the column "Id" depending
on the Status. The goal is to get the number of non-blank cells for Delivered
status and get the number of non-blank cells for Not Delivered status,

In general view I have to count the number of non-blank cells in column Id
depending on the value of the column "status"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100="Delivered")*(NOT(ISBLANK(B2: B100))))

Adjust range as necessary (just make sure they are the same size!)
Note that you can change the "Delivered" to a cell reference if you prefer.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Seb" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with multiple column.

For example :

Satus Id
Delivered 12
Not delivered 13
Delivered --
Delivered 14

I would to count the number of non-blank cells in the column "Id" depending
on the Status. The goal is to get the number of non-blank cells for Delivered
status and get the number of non-blank cells for Not Delivered status,

In general view I have to count the number of non-blank cells in column Id
depending on the value of the column "status"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try these:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="delivered"),--(B2:B100<""))

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="not delivered"),--(B2:B100<""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP