Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Allowing editing locked cells in a protected sheet in excel

Hi,

1. I have an protected excel sheet in which Columns A,B,C are locked and
cannot be editted by everyone however columns D and E are open to be edited
by everyone.
2. However my problem is when I click on protect worksheet and add myself in
the permissions tab to edit without password, I cannot edit and the whole
sheet gets locked. This is not expected.

Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If columns D & E are formatted to not be locked, you should always be able to
edit them. Are you making sure to enter the same password for both the ranges
you can edit, as well as the password to protect workbook?

When you add yourself, make sure your checking the name, so computer
verifies it recognizes what you inputted.

Other than that, I'm not sure, as I am unable to duplicate your problem.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M