Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using vlookup to delete duplicate data

Can I use vlookup to find acct#'s on a second worksheet and have it delete
the rows of the acct#'s on the 2nd wksht that are returned?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It appears that you want to delete from Sheet 2 those a/c numbers which are
on Sheet 1.

You can use VLOOKUP on Sheet 2 to mark those records, then you can filter on
NOT EQUAL To #N/A and delete those rows...

"carolj" wrote:

Can I use vlookup to find acct#'s on a second worksheet and have it delete
the rows of the acct#'s on the 2nd wksht that are returned?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Specifically using a VLOOKUP will not cause any rows to delete. But, you can
use a couple methods to resolve your issue.

You can create some VB script to delete matching values.

You can use the VLOOKUP to show matching values, then delete entire row
based on this value.