Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot Tables Based on Filtered Data

Hi Folks - I created numerous pivot tables from a dataset. I now need to
create the same number of pivot tables for a filtered subset of the dataset.
Is there a way to have a pivot table update based on an applied filter? If
not, is there a workaround? Thanks.

--
Michael

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'd add another column to the raw data.

Then I'd put something in that column that served as an indicator--a formula
that emulates the filter criteria.

Then use that as a page field in the pivottable.

Michael wrote:

Hi Folks - I created numerous pivot tables from a dataset. I now need to
create the same number of pivot tables for a filtered subset of the dataset.
Is there a way to have a pivot table update based on an applied filter? If
not, is there a workaround? Thanks.

--
Michael

--