Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Scroll lock is stuck and won't turn off

The scroll lock seems to come on automatically and becomes stuck. it will
not turn off. I have switched keyboards and that does not work. I have also
tried detect and repair; this sometimes works, sometimes does not.
typically, i have to get out of the application, shut down and reboot the
entire system to turn it off. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to
prevent it from happening in the future?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This has to do with Excel in which manner?

Does it just happen when you run Excel?

How do you know scroll lock is enabled?

Do you see "SCRL" on right end of Status Bar?

Maybe your Tab key is moving too far?

ToolsOptionsTransitions..............uncheck all those options.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:20:04 -0700, nikole
wrote:

The scroll lock seems to come on automatically and becomes stuck. it will
not turn off. I have switched keyboards and that does not work. I have also
tried detect and repair; this sometimes works, sometimes does not.
typically, i have to get out of the application, shut down and reboot the
entire system to turn it off. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to
prevent it from happening in the future?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It happens when I run Excel and two other programs from Hyperion: Essbase
(run on top of Excel) and Enterprise (run through another server). Mainly in
Excel, though.

"SCRL" is noted on the status bar on the right end; it is not the tab key.
The arrow keys move the screen up and down, not from cell to cell.

None of the options in the ToolsOptionsTransitions boxes are checked.

It happens sporadically and at will; there are no recurring reasons why
(none that I have detected to date).

We have taken all of the applications off of my system and reloaded them
again last week and it is still occuring. Others in my office use the
Hyperion products and do not have this issue.

I have been an Excel user for quite awhile and consider myself well-versed
with it; however, this is a first for me. It has been occuring for quite
some time.

I would appreciate any other suggestions you might have.

wrote:

The scroll lock seems to come on automatically and becomes stuck. it will
not turn off. I have switched keyboards and that does not work. I have also
tried detect and repair; this sometimes works, sometimes does not.
typically, i have to get out of the application, shut down and reboot the
entire system to turn it off. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to
prevent it from happening in the future?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you run Excel alone does it occur?

I would suspect one of the other applications is doing the deed.

I am un-familiar with both of those so am at loss if that's the case.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:

The scroll lock seems to come on automatically and becomes stuck. it will
not turn off. I have switched keyboards and that does not work. I have also
tried detect and repair; this sometimes works, sometimes does not.
typically, i have to get out of the application, shut down and reboot the
entire system to turn it off. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to
prevent it from happening in the future?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

have you been the victim of a practical joke?
perhaps a hidden macro is playing with it...... just an idea.
:)
susan

wrote:

The scroll lock seems to come on automatically and becomes stuck. *it will
not turn off. I have switched keyboards and that does not work. *I have also
tried detect and repair; this sometimes works, sometimes does not. *
typically, i have to get out of the application, shut down and reboot the
entire system to turn it off. *Any ideas on why this is happening and how to
prevent it from happening in the future?- Hide quoted text -