Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EAH EAH is offline

Default compare and merge lists in separate worksheets

I have 2 worksheets with long lists. Each list has additional columns with
data, but not found in the other. I want to compare and merge items listed
so all data in all columns are combined in separate worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi EAH:

There are a couple of options that I use if all the master data is the same
on both sheets.

1. copy the key and the extra data on the second worksheet to the first
worksheet and them do a match using = to make sure the keys agree. (You may
need to sort the data before copying to make sure it is in the correct order.

2. You vlookup on the first worksheet to get the data from the second
worksheet.

You can check for missing rows first by adding an extra column on both
worksheets checking for missing data using vlookup and checking for #n/a.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand