Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reconciling two lists

I am using vlookup function to reconcile two long lists of data. The issue I
am having is when one of the values does not find a match, I get an error. I
would like it to bring back a zero rather than #N/A when a match is not
found. What can I do?
--
Stefan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(your_formula),0,your_formula)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 28, 4:14*pm, Stefan wrote:
I am using vlookup function to reconcile two long lists of data. The issue I
am having is when one of the values does not find a match, I get an error. I
would like it to bring back a zero rather than #N/A when a match is not
found. What can I do?
--
Stefan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(isna(yourvlookupformula),0,yourvlookupformula)

If you're using xl2007, take a look at:
=iferror()
in excel's help.

Stefan wrote:

I am using vlookup function to reconcile two long lists of data. The issue I
am having is when one of the values does not find a match, I get an error. I
would like it to bring back a zero rather than #N/A when a match is not
found. What can I do?
--
Stefan

--