Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I flag duplicate addresses

Hello,

I would like to "de-dupe" duplicate address in my speadsheet. Any tips?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
You could try conditional formatting.

I took this example from contextures.com:

Select range A2:A11
Choose Format|Conditional Formatting
From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is

For the formula, enter
=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$11,A2)1
Click the Format button.
Select a font colour for highlighting.
Click OK, click OK

When you delete a dupe, the formatting will disappear. When all the
formatting disappears, remove conditional formatting.

HTH,
JP

On Oct 19, 2:36 pm, Debra wrote:
Hello,

I would like to "de-dupe" duplicate address in my speadsheet. Any tips?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

At http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx Chip will tell you all you
need to know about dupes
best wishes