Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Working with Drop Down List

I've looked around in the FAQ and other help areas - maybe I'm asking the
question wrong. (Not uncommon)

I have seen this done in the past - but I can't remember how it was created...

I have a list of room numbers - in a separate column I have a list of room
names. I recall that there was a way to create the list so that if someone
chose the room number from the list - the associated room name would appear
adjacent to it...

Was I dreaming? Is this possible? Or is this an INDEX (array) sort of thing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

VLOOKUP?

If Room Numbers and Names are (for example) in Columns A & B of Sheet2 (rows
1 to 20) and your drop down is in A2 of Sheet1:

Then in Sheet1 B2:

=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$20,2,0) will give room name in B2