Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DonnaGoof

Default How do I change format of page numbers to letters in Excel?

I need to create page numbers for multi-page Excel spread sheets that include
subnumbers, which the client needs with some letter forms, as Page 2-f. Even
with an Excel manual and the Help function I can't find out how to do this.
My only alternative will be MANUALLY typing in those page numbers! Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

What sequence of alpha numerics do you need? With the automatic
numbering provided in the headers/footers section I'm not sure how you
would manually enter the sequence. Where does page numbering appear,
and what is your desired outcome?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DonnaGoof

The sequence would be, Page 1-(a, b, c, d, etc.) as far as it goes. The
document is currently 8 pages long, but more are anticipated. I can enter
the sequence except for the final LETTER. It must be a NUMBER. In Word, the
numbering protocol itself can be changes. I guess that's what I'm looking
for in Excel. It is required by our client. Page numbers are centered in
the footer. Thanks for whatever you can do. Donna