Bill H.

Default linked values in a chart

I have a line chart in one spreadsheet that contains values that are linked (within the same spreadsheet) from two other spreadsheets.

What I can't figure out is why the first set of values (one year of data) displays as a normal line chart, but the second set of values (another year from the other spreadsheet) is all filled in.

Here is what I'm trying to describe:

Thanks for any help.

--
Bill

Jerry W. Lewis

You might get some ideas from
http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...AreaChart.html

It is not clear from your post wether this behavior is desirable or
undesirable.

Jerry

Bill H. wrote:

I have a line chart in one spreadsheet that contains values that are
linked (within the same spreadsheet) from two other spreadsheets.

What I can't figure out is why the first set of values (one year of
data) displays as a normal line chart, but the second set of values
(another year from the other spreadsheet) is all filled in.

Bill H.

Yeah, sorry about that.

It is undesirable.

However, the good news is that I figured it out. Or more correctly stumbled
upon it. One of the referenced cells has a few years' worth of dates, and
when I updated to reflect 2005, I just "assumed" that the cells containing
short dates, like 1/5, meant the current year. Nope, they were lefovers
from 2004 and didn't indicate the year. When I redid that stretch to make
them all 2005 dates, the graph straightened out just fine.

Sheesh!