Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplicate macros?

I'm sure the answer will be embarrassingly obvious but why does my
drop-down list of macros in Excel 365 contain duplicates for every one
please? Perhaps some obscure file save setting I've accidentally set?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...plicates-1.jpg

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sure the answer will be embarrassingly obvious but why does my
drop-down list of macros in Excel 365 contain duplicates for every
one please? Perhaps some obscure file save setting I've accidentally
set?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...plicates-1.jpg

Apparently you have 2 versions of each file running; original plus auto
saved. Did you crash Excel and it auto restarted, perhaps?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

GS wrote:

I'm sure the answer will be embarrassingly obvious but why does my
drop-down list of macros in Excel 365 contain duplicates for every
one please? Perhaps some obscure file save setting I've accidentally
set?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...plicates-1.jpg

Apparently you have 2 versions of each file running; original plus auto
saved. Did you crash Excel and it auto restarted, perhaps?

Thanks Garry, that looks to be exactly what must have happened. I've
found and deleted Personal (Autosaved).xlsb, and two other similar
duplicate 'macro containers' from ancient Excel versions.

List now much less cluttered, but still needs heavy pruning to remove or
edit macros I wrote around 20 years ago!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Banned

up phụ bác chủ dùng khá lÃ* ok mua mấy cái rồi mai chuyển em cái nữa nhé
_________________
€‹micropigmentacao

https://t.co/ckTcsblPMy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

GS wrote:

I'm sure the answer will be embarrassingly obvious but why does my
drop-down list of macros in Excel 365 contain duplicates for every
one please? Perhaps some obscure file save setting I've
accidentally set?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...plicates-1.jpg

Apparently you have 2 versions of each file running; original plus
auto saved. Did you crash Excel and it auto restarted, perhaps?

Thanks Garry, that looks to be exactly what must have happened. I've
found and deleted Personal (Autosaved).xlsb, and two other similar
duplicate 'macro containers' from ancient Excel versions.

List now much less cluttered, but still needs heavy pruning to remove
or edit macros I wrote around 20 years ago!

If you make them 'Private' scope they will not appear in the list.
Also, you could make yourself a menuitem that fires all the macros you
commonly use. (I do this with a toolbar named "MyUtils")