#1   Report Post  

Default How to get Excel repair?

I have a very large excel 2007 file that will not open correctly lately. The file does eventually open after several minutes. When I make a change it takes about a minute to save. This just started to happen to this file last week. Before that it would open much quicker and changes would save right away. It is saved locally and a copy of the file I saved 3 months ago shows it at 58MB. There are no VB or macros. No added images or external databases. Is there a program (preferably free) that can fix this? It is like 60MB in size.
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to get Excel repair?

It sounds like your Excel file may be corrupted, which can happen for a variety of reasons such as a sudden power outage or a virus. Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to repair the file.
  1. Open Excel in Safe Mode: Try opening Excel in Safe Mode by holding down the Ctrl key while opening Excel. This will disable any add-ins that may be causing issues with your file.
  2. Use the Open and Repair featu Open Excel and click on File Open. Browse to the location of your file and click on the drop-down arrow next to the Open button. Select Open and Repair and see if Excel can repair the file.
  3. Use a third-party tool: If the above methods do not work, you can try using a third-party tool such as Stellar Repair for Excel or Kernel for Excel Repair. These tools can repair corrupted Excel files and recover data from them.
  4. Recover data from a previous version: If you have a previous version of the file that was saved before it became corrupted, you can try recovering data from that version. To do this, right-click on the file and select Properties. Click on the Previous Versions tab and select the version you want to restore.

It's important to note that repairing a corrupted file may not always be successful and you may lose some data. It's always a good idea to regularly backup your important files to prevent data loss.
  #3   Report Post  

Một ngày mới làm việc hiệu quả.
  #4   Report Post  

Excel keeps a lot of 'extraneous' data in files and it grows over time. If possible try cutting and pasting into a fresh workbook and see if the problem goes away (the 'extra' data will stay with the sheets if you use 'move or copy' at a tab level). NB: this method works through the clipboard so you might find the data set is too large for a single iteration,
Alternatively try 'Fail Save As and use one of the earlier formats such as 2003 .xls (if you get a warning that some formula won't work in earlier formats abort and try a different one, in theory the formulas WILL be saved under compatibility mode and recreated when you come back so if all else fails its worth a shot).
The idea is that the Save As process drops all the 'extras' so once that's done you can go back to the 'normal' format. Depending on the integrity/criticality of the data you might want to do some regression to prove that the new file holds the same information as the old one - count of cells, column totals etc. Even if this does not help, then the only way to try to recover the file using XLS Repair Kit. I am sure that this method is 100% should help. http://www.xls.repair/
  #5   Report Post  

Take a look at this link also for help
https://social.technet.microsoft.com...me?forum=excel

#6   Report Post  

I am grateful for the help! the issue has been resolved.
  #7   Report Post  

You can go with third party DataRepairTools which provide advanced data repair and recovery software. Using Excel repair of DataRepairTool you can get completed solution for Excel file corruption. To know more and repair Excel file data, download this tool from here- http://www.datarepairtools.com/excel-recovery.html
  #8   Report Post  

Default Repairing Excel application in AOL syatem

As I use an AOL laptop, I checked all the specifications and requirements earlier before installing the MS Excel, after some days the application was damaged, as it continuously crashed. I called AOL chat support and discussed the issues and asked for the solution to repair my Excel application. Finally, I got the appropriate help and dealt with the solution.
  #9   Report Post  

Default Repair a corrupted workbook

When Microsoft Excel detects a corrupted workbook upon opening, it automatically starts File Recovery mode and attempts to repair the workbook. If File Recovery mode doesn’t start, try using this manual process to recover your workbook:

Click File Open.

Click the location and folder that contains the corrupted workbook.

In the Open dialog box, select the corrupted workbook.

Click the arrow next to the Open button, and then click Open and Repair.

To recover as much of the workbook data as possible, pick Repair.

If Repair isn’t able to recover your data, pick Extract Data to extract values and formulas from the workbook.

If neither automatic nor manual repair works, there are some recovery methods that might help salvage your data. You can also take some preventive measures to avoid losing your work by automatically saving a backup copy of your workbook or creating a recovery file from time to time.

Hope this helps. If the issue persists get assistance on https://www.o365cloudexperts.com

Regards,
Jerry