Junior Member

Default Copy Paste and double window problem

Hello,

I seem to have "double trouble" with Excel. I am running 2003 on Win7.

Instead of running only one instance of Excel, when I open a second doc, a second Excel opens up. I notice that in my recent files, not all recently opened files show up, they seem to split between the two Excel isntances.

The other side effect is that Excel doesnt allow special paste functions between files from the different isntances. I check for the skype problem, and unchecked the Direct call option, but it doesn't seem to solve my problem.

these problems seem random, as I dont control which file opens up in what excel instance...

anyone have this problem?

thanks a lot!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Make sure you have unchecked "Ignore other applications: in
ToolsOptionsGeneral then close and re-start Excel.

Gord