LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Excel file path editing

I need help editing a file path name. I use hyperlinks in my Excel databases and several times when an update from Windows happens, my file paths change and the address is no longer valid and I have to redo all of my links ones by one. I can only hope that since the file path change happens in one instance, it could be repaired somewhat the same way. Here is an example of what I am talking about, the file name was like this:
E:\hyperlinks\123456 abc.xlsx

after the download it now reads like this:
C:users\kkruger\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\hy perlinks\123456 abc.xlsx.

Can anybody tell me how to change this back? I am talking thousands of hyperlinks that I do not want to have to redo one by one. Then also what causes this and how to stop it from happening again.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search