Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Help With Extracting Text String

I am using Excel 2013 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 PC.

I am trying to extract part of a string for each part number in my file.

I would like to extract the string that comes after " " (double space)
of a part number.

For instance, if the part number is:

6520-456-789 STAINLESS STEEL NUT

I would like the formula to extract the STAINLESS STEEL NUT part
because that is what follows the double space in the complete string.

Thanks.
--
tb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Tue, 3 Nov 2015 22:48:30 +0000 (UTC) schrieb tb:

For instance, if the part number is:

6520-456-789 STAINLESS STEEL NUT

I would like the formula to extract the STAINLESS STEEL NUT part
because that is what follows the double space in the complete string.

try:
=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+2,99)

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

On 11/3/2015 at 4:58:55 PM Claus Busch wrote:

=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+2,99)

Perfect, thanks!

--
tb