Junior Member

Default Inserted linked Excel tables in word resizing/losing formatting

Hi - Apologies if this question is answered elsewhere but I can't find a solution.

I have a word (2010) document that has multiple tables inserted as linked tables from various excel (2010) files and tabs.

The majority of text formatting was done in Excel first. Once inserted I adjusted column widths and row heights to make the table fit the page and added decimal tabs to align numbers. I then ticked the 'preserve formatting after update'.

My issue is that whenever I update the links for the document a number of tables automatically resize and no longer fit the page (primarily where text is wrapped to fit in the column). I am unable to prevent these tables from auto-resizing as if I adjust the table properties to say do not resize the box defaults back when the link is updated.

There are about 100 tables in my document and re-formatting them after each update isn't feasible - Please can someone advise?

Thanks!