LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Issue with point assignment

I'm a bit frustrated and lost on which formula to use. I will try my best to explain what I would like. I have two sheets, both of which have names in alphabetical order. Sheet one needs to be listed vertically, and sheet two listed horizontally.

On sheet two I manually enter points for those persons under their name. Some may not get any points at all:

(sheet2)
Betty Bob Hank John Martha Pete Wendy
21 34 0 3 72 50 0

On sheet 1, I would like to create a formula(s), that will assign bonus points. The person(s) with the highest score will be assigned 10 additional points. The remaining persons with scores will be given 5 points each. Those with zero points will get nothing.

(sheet1)
Betty
Bob
Hank
John
Martha
Pete
Wendy

I'm not quite sure what formula to use. I've looked through the forums for different ideas but am somewhat confused as to which ones I should be using. Should I be using Hlookup, Rank, Large, Max. I've tried Large and only get a portion of what I need, and the same with Rank.

Any help on this matter to clear this up would be appreciated.