Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cells are automatically dividing each # I put in by 10!!!

Hi,
for some reason, every time I put a number in any cell, it is automatically
didvide by 10!???
EG, type in 5, get 0.5
Put in 50, get 5!!!

Weird and very annoying!!!!!!
Everything else seems to be working fine.
Can put numbers in fine i formulas, so am guessing it isn`t the keyboard,
but not certain.

Anyone had the same problem or better still SOLUTION?

Thanks guys.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
check the cell format to be sure that has not an special format, go to the
cell, right click on the mouse, cell format, number

if this helps please click yes

"Romileyrunner1" wrote:

Hi,
for some reason, every time I put a number in any cell, it is automatically
didvide by 10!???
EG, type in 5, get 0.5
Put in 50, get 5!!!

Weird and very annoying!!!!!!
Everything else seems to be working fine.
Can put numbers in fine i formulas, so am guessing it isn`t the keyboard,
but not certain.

Anyone had the same problem or better still SOLUTION?

Thanks guys.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check this setting....

In Excel 2007:

Office buttonAdvancedEditing OptionsAutomatically insert a decimal point

Other versions of Excel:

ToolsOptionsEdit tabFixed decimal places

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Romileyrunner1" wrote in message
for some reason, every time I put a number in any cell, it is
automatically
didvide by 10!???
EG, type in 5, get 0.5
Put in 50, get 5!!!

Weird and very annoying!!!!!!
Everything else seems to be working fine.
Can put numbers in fine i formulas, so am guessing it isn`t the keyboard,
but not certain.

Anyone had the same problem or better still SOLUTION?

Thanks guys.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ooops!

In Excel 2007:
Office buttonAdvancedEditing OptionsAutomatically insert a decimal point

Should be:

Office buttonExcel OptionsAdvancedEditing OptionsAutomatically insert a
decimal point

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

WHOO HOOO! That was it T. VALKO!
Don`t know how I did it in the first place, but you were bang on mate; I had
an automatic seting of 1 DP switched on. What a relief. I thought my keyboard
had a ghost!
Thanks a million.
Keep up the good work.