Duke Carey

Default column snaking print format

David McRitchie has an answer for this exact question at this site

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

"Montrose Lyle" wrote:

I frequently prepare lists in Excel that have one or two columns and many
rows. I would like to have them print as many "snaked" columns as will fit
on a page to reduce the number of pages that will print, similar to the
multi-column format in Microsoft Word.
--
Lyle
Montrose, Colorado

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Montrose Lyle

Duke,

Thanks for the answer. It can be done, but it isn't easy. McRitchie's
instructions run to nine pages, plus lots of links if you are not familiar
with macros and such. I'll see if I can figure them out.

It sounds like a lot of people have the same interest, or he wouldn't have
written the macros. Maybe with enough response, Microsoft will finally
provide us with a one-click solution like they provide in Word.
--
Lyle
Montrose, Colorado