Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Count Cells in a particular row w/ text

Hi,

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,
=Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank

if this helps please click yes, thanks

" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*")

That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers.

=COUNTA(A1:A10)

That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message

Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any
text in them what so ever?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You're welcome!

--