Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default data sort box too big-can it be formatted

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel 2007?

Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest.

Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Once re-sized it should remain at that size.

If not, I have no ideas for you.

It is a global setting and not saved with each workbook.

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Excel 2007?

Sort Dialog box can be reduced to about 3 inch by 6 inch at smallest.

Use sizing arrows to bring down to that size.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:27:01 -0700, Clee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi,

In case this didn't get through before

1. Please enter a quesion in the body of your emai; if you don't the web
won't let us reply, instead it displays the following error message.

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later."

This means, that to respond we need to start a separate thread - which is a
bad practice and wastes time.

The sort dialog box starts out at its minimum each Excel session and is
remembered during the session. To make the window appear smaller you can
increase your screen resolution or get a bigger monitor.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire