Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Tabs w/ formulas

On the Totals tab/sheet; Cell C34 is to place a word based from the
Mercantile tab/sheet.

I want C34 on my Total sheet to put the information €śALLOWED€ť or €śN/A€ť.

On the Mercantile tab/sheet Cell B18 formula is as follows;
=IF(B5<=50,"ALLOWED",IF(SUM(C13,C15)=6,"REQUIRED" ,"N/A"))
B5 is the location I put an occupant load. If the occupant load is 50 or
less then Uni-sex is €śALLOWED€ť and displayed. If the occupant load is over
50 then €śN/A€ť is to be displayed. When C13 and C15 add up to 6 or more then
€śREQUIRED€ť is displayed. The change would be I do not need the reference to
C13 and C15. The Mercantile tab/sheet cells and their formulas are not to
change.

A cell on my Total tab/sheet above Cell C34 has this formula;
=SUM(Mercantile!B5/Mercantile!C9)*50%
I can sometimes do the simple stuff but when it gets really involved I get
lost. I tried some scenarios but could not get the results I wanted. I know
it has to do with €śMercantile!€ť put in the formula somewhere and the
parentheses. I also get lost on the IF scenarios.

This one in Cell C34 did not work; =IF(ISERR(Mercantile!B5)<=50,"ALLOWED",0)

Hope someone can help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know what you're trying to do, but....

This...did not work; =IF(ISERR(Mercantile!B5)<=50,"ALLOWED",0)

Maybe this is what you want:

=IF(AND(COUNT(Mercantile!B5),Mercantile!B5<=50),"A LLOWED",0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Codeman" wrote in message
On the Totals tab/sheet; Cell C34 is to place a word based from the
Mercantile tab/sheet.

I want C34 on my Total sheet to put the information "ALLOWED" or "N/A".

On the Mercantile tab/sheet Cell B18 formula is as follows;
=IF(B5<=50,"ALLOWED",IF(SUM(C13,C15)=6,"REQUIRED" ,"N/A"))
B5 is the location I put an occupant load. If the occupant load is 50 or
less then Uni-sex is "ALLOWED" and displayed. If the occupant load is
over
50 then "N/A" is to be displayed. When C13 and C15 add up to 6 or more
then
"REQUIRED" is displayed. The change would be I do not need the reference
C13 and C15. The Mercantile tab/sheet cells and their formulas are not
change.

A cell on my Total tab/sheet above Cell C34 has this formula;
=SUM(Mercantile!B5/Mercantile!C9)*50%
I can sometimes do the simple stuff but when it gets really involved I get
lost. I tried some scenarios but could not get the results I wanted. I
know
it has to do with "Mercantile!" put in the formula somewhere and the
parentheses. I also get lost on the IF scenarios.

This one in Cell C34 did not work;
=IF(ISERR(Mercantile!B5)<=50,"ALLOWED",0)

Hope someone can help me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Good deal. Thanks for the feedback!

--