Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change default symbols in Excel 2007?

Whenever I type (C) in Excel 2007, it defaults to the copyright symbol ©.
How do I stop the program from doing this, and to allow me to choose when I
want to insert that or any other symbol instead of the program inserting it
by default?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To remove it, go the "Tools" menu, choose "AutoCorrect Options" and delete
the copyright symbol item from the list. To insert a copyright symbol, hold
down the ALT key and press 0169 on the numeric keypad (not the number keys
above the letters).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Fox Unit 1" <Fox Unit wrote in message
Whenever I type (C) in Excel 2007, it defaults to the copyright symbol ©.
How do I stop the program from doing this, and to allow me to choose when
want to insert that or any other symbol instead of the program inserting
it
by default?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the Office Button, at the bottom right, click Excel Options. In the
Excel Options dialog box, click Proofing in the list on the left. Under
AutoCorrect options, click the Autocorrect options button. You can remove
any of the Replace text as you type options that you don't like. If you use
(C) more than you use the copyright symbol, you can always use the Symbol
button in the Text group of the Insert tab to add the symbol when you need it
and get rid of the autocorrect.