Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HOW DO I SYNC EXCEL FILES ON A LAPTOP?

HOW CAN I SYNC EXCEL FILES OFF MY LAPTOP ONTO THE NETWORK ONA DAILY BASIS FOR
UPDATING PURPOSES FOR MY JOB?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SKIP wrote...
HOW CAN I SYNC EXCEL FILES OFF MY LAPTOP ONTO THE NETWORK ONA DAILY
BASIS FOR UPDATING PURPOSES FOR MY JOB?

First, don't post in all caps. It's considered rude.

Second, this isn't an Excel question (you could easily replace Excel
with Word or Flash in your request, and it wouldn't change the nature
of your request). This is an OS question. Generally OS questions
should only be asked in OS newsgroups.

If you have a Windows laptop, one approach would be creating a
shortcut in your Startup folder with the command line

xcopy /D /S c:\<laptop directory\*.xls s:\<LAN diretory\

Replace c:\<laptop directory with the drive/directory path of the
folder on your laptop that contains the files you want to sync, and
replace s:\<LAN diretory with the appropriate drive/directory path on
your network's file server.

Better still, if you work for a company that has a network, ask your
network administrator how you should do this. They may already have
custom software to handle this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Harlen and sorry for the caps lock, but our admin isn't really an
admin, she knows very little about her job but thats why i came in was to
help out with what knowledge i have. However its limited when it comes to
networking and I am learning as I go. However I will try what you have
suggested and I appreciate your time on this matter.

God bless and thanks,

Skip

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

SKIP wrote...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 15, 4:10 pm, SKIP wrote:
Thanks Harlen and sorry for the caps lock, but our admin isn't really an
admin, she knows very little about her job but thats why i came in was to
help out with what knowledge i have. However its limited when it comes to
networking and I am learning as I go. However I will try what you have
suggested and I appreciate your time on this matter.

God bless and thanks,

Skip

"Harlan Grove" wrote:
SKIP wrote...
HOW CAN I SYNC EXCEL FILES OFF MY LAPTOP ONTO THE NETWORK ONA DAILY
BASIS FOR UPDATING PURPOSES FOR MY JOB?

First, don't post in all caps. It's considered rude.

Second, this isn't an Excel question (you could easily replace Excel
with Word or Flash in your request, and it wouldn't change the nature
of your request). This is an OS question. Generally OS questions
should only be asked in OS newsgroups.

There is an easier way built into Windows since Windows 95:
Right-click on your desktop
Select New/Briefcase
Double-click on the Briefcase icon on your desktop and read the
instructions
[Basically, drag files into the briefcase, disconnect, work on files,
reconnect and click the Update All button]