Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart Rotation

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

PSometine you can't go directly from point A to Point B witthout going to
point C. This is one case.

Copy the picture into from excel and Paste Special into Power Point as an
enhanced meta file. Then copy again from Power Point into word.

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Why not just change that page to landscape in the word document or paste
special it into word as an image and use the drawing toolbar to rotate it
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

John : Did you try to take a chart directly from Excel into word and paste
special before you answered this Posting? It doesn't work. that is why I
recommended pasting into Visio first.

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yep & I have just tested it again. Paste as a picture and you can rotate it
to any angle you like.

If you like you can copy the chart and paste it as a picture in Excel then
rotate it there and you can then copy & paste it into Word and it will be at
the same angle in both
--

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Help! Help! Help

there is something inconsistant about Paste Special. I pasted an excel
chart twice this morning as a Enhanced Meta File but didn't get the option to
rotatte this item. It works if you first Paste the items in Power Point and
then copy into word.

There have been plenty of time in the past where I had simialr type problems
with different Microsoft Office Products copying and pastting pictures. My
solution has been to go into Power Point and do the Paste Special in Point.

Do you know why this occurs? It been bugging the hell out of me.

I made a simple X-Y scater chart using 8 points (2 column x 4 rows) and used
the standard settings. Then copied the chart into word and did paste special
meta file. I didn't get the rotation bar on the graph.

Did the same thiing into Power Point and it eworked perfectly. then copied
from Power Point into Word and everything worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't know why it isn't working for you. I just did as John suggested,
pasted the copied chart into Word as a picture, then rotated using the
button on the Picture toolbar. No problem. It's worked this way since at
least Office 97, perhaps earlier. I hope you don't need to reinstall Office,
but that might be the answer.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"GatorGirl" wrote:

My chart in excel contains 12 years across the x axis and needs to
be in
landscape orientation to clearly see the years. However, I need to
copy the
chart into a word document and for the years to be clear, the
entire charts
needs to be rotated 1/4 turn counter clockwise. How can I copy and
paste to
accomplish this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't think I have to re-install office. When I drop a picture directly
into word the rotation line doesn't show up on the picture. I does if I go
into Power Point first. I just foiund another trick.

If I drop the picture into work I can rotate it left 90 degees. Then the
rotation line appear and I can then rotate the picture to any angle. Not
sure why?