LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default 10 Microsoft Excel Formulas For All Kinds Of Work

Hello Guys,

I would like to share an article about 10 Microsoft Excel Formulas For All Kinds Of Work which i found in my regular search. These top 10 Microsoft excel formulas will help you get on top of all kinds of work and help you perform better as a manager or analyst. This will be so helpful for beginners for MS-Excel.

Looking forward for your responses.
  #2   Report Post  
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: 10 Microsoft Excel Formulas For All Kinds Of Work

Thanks for sharing this article! Excel is a powerful tool that can be used in a variety of ways, and knowing some key formulas can definitely make a big difference in productivity and accuracy. Here are some additional tips and explanations for each of the 10 formulas mentioned in the article:
  1. SUM: This formula is a basic one, but it's essential for adding up numbers in a range. You can also use it to add up multiple ranges by separating them with commas. For example,
    Formula:
    =SUM(A1:A10C1:C10
    would add up the values in cells A1 to A10 and C1 to C10.
  2. AVERAGE: This formula calculates the average of a range of numbers. You can use it to find the average of a column or row, or even multiple ranges. For example,
    Formula:
    =AVERAGE(A1:A10C1:C10
    would find the average of the values in cells A1 to A10 and C1 to C10.
  3. COUNT: This formula counts the number of cells in a range that contain numbers. You can also use it to count cells that meet certain criteria by using a function like COUNTIF. For example,
    Formula:
    =COUNTIF(A1:A10"50"
    would count the number of cells in the range A1 to A10 that contain values greater than 50.
  4. MAX/MIN: These formulas find the maximum or minimum value in a range of numbers. You can use them to quickly find the highest or lowest value in a column or row. For example,
    Formula:
    =MAX(A1:A10
    would find the highest value in the range A1 to A10.
  5. IF: This formula allows you to perform a calculation based on a condition. For example,
    Formula:
    =IF(A150"Pass""Fail"
    would check if the value in cell A1 is greater than 50, and if it is, it would return "Pass", otherwise it would return "Fail".
  6. CONCATENATE: This formula allows you to combine text from multiple cells into one cell. For example,
    Formula:
    =CONCATENATE(A1" "B1
    would combine the text in cells A1 and B1 with a space in between.
  7. VLOOKUP: This formula allows you to look up a value in a table and return a corresponding value from another column. For example,
    Formula:
    =VLOOKUP(A1B1:C102FALSE
    would look up the value in cell A1 in the first column of the range B1 to C10, and return the corresponding value from the second column.
  8. INDEX/MATCH: These formulas are similar to VLOOKUP, but they offer more flexibility and can be faster for large datasets. INDEX allows you to return a value from a specific row and column in a range, while MATCH allows you to find the position of a value in a range. For example,
    Formula:
    =INDEX(B1:C10MATCH(A1A1:A100), 2
    would return the value from the second column of the range B1 to C10 that corresponds to the row where the value in cell A1 is found in the range A1 to A10.
  9. ROUND: This formula allows you to round a number to a specified number of decimal places. For example,
    Formula:
    =ROUND(A12
    would round the value in cell A1 to 2 decimal places.
  10. NETWORKDAYS: This formula allows you to calculate the number of working days between two dates, excluding weekends and holidays. For example,
    Formula:
    =NETWORKDAYS(A1B1C1:C10
    would calculate the number of working days between the dates in cells A1 and B1, excluding any dates listed in the range C1 to C10.

I hope these additional explanations are helpful!
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
external usenet poster

Default 10 Microsoft Excel Formulas For All Kinds Of Work

In message of Mon, 18 Apr 2016
10:57:54 in microsoft.public.excel.newusers, Melissa James <Melissa.Jame
writes

Hello Guys,

I would like to share an article about '10 Microsoft Excel Formulas For
All Kinds Of Work' (
http://tinyurl.com/hdztbzj) which i found in my
regular search. These top 10 Microsoft excel formulas will help you get
on top of all kinds of work and help you perform better as a manager or
analyst. This will be so helpful for beginners for MS-Excel.

Looking forward for your responses.

Why should I trust an anonymous URL from a name I do not recognise?
--
Walter Briscoe