Junior Member

Default stock sheet

Hi Guys

I have attached a template which can be changed I need to make boms or have scenario where if I enter 10 bent spikes for powder coating, it minuses 10 bent spikes and 10 housings from the respective balances. From powder coating i need to bring into stock with 1 x spindle, 2 x plastic bearings, 1 x m12 nylock, these columns need to be added, nay help on this would be great

Thanks

Keith
Attached Files
File Type: zip spikes.zip (15.3 KB, 117 views)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What you are trying to do here is manipulate inventory items such as
would be done when bundling/packaging/assembling a finished product
inventory 'kit' from existing inventory items/services. This is not a
trivial task in any way/shape/form!! (Otherwise there'd be existing
solutions available from Excel developers)

Extensive use of database tables is required to keep track of this,
meaning a solution will require database programming be included at a
significant level. Better to choose/use accounting app for this. (If
you're already a functioning business then you should already be using
such an app, IMO)

Many accounting software apps offer this feature in a number of
configurations, depending on brand of software. Some include a way to
flag a 'shorts' list so you know what has to be ordered if not 'in
stock' at the time the 'kit' is built. (They even have ability to
generate POs to the respective supplier[s]) First one that comes to
mind is Quickbooks by Intuit! Another possible solution is Inventoria
by NCH. There are others (by Sage) I'm familiar with but they're not
cheap ($1000s to buy, + seat costs).

Maybe you need to re-think this?

--
Garry