Richard Faust

Default How to stop automatic mouse actions

This is a hard problem to describe: Sometimes as my mouse pointer is moving
over a list of selectable items (like a pull down menu or after if right
clicked) the mouse will automatically select an item even though I did not
left click. This is extremely frustrating because I work with spreadsheets
quite a bit. After I've highligted a formula or other cell contents to
change the properties (cut/paste, change format etc). I'll right click to
find the appropriate action. As I'm moving the mouse to the appropriate
link, the mouse will randomly activate an action. Again, I haven't left
clicked to select it.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? It's driving me crazy.
reneabesmer

hiiiiiiiii
100% u have problem with ur Mouse. change it and then
good luck !!!!!!!!!!

"Juan Pablo González" wrote:

I believe the problem is not with Excel but with your mouse
hardware/software. Try going to the Control Panel | Mouse or, if you
install PowerToys, you could modify some of the mouse settings (like the
number of pixels that make a "drag" work). Hopefully this will help with
your problem.

Juan Pablo González
Excel MVP
"Richard Faust" <Richard wrote in message
This is a hard problem to describe: Sometimes as my mouse pointer is
moving
over a list of selectable items (like a pull down menu or after if right
clicked) the mouse will automatically select an item even though I did not
left click. This is extremely frustrating because I work with
spreadsheets
quite a bit. After I've highligted a formula or other cell contents to
change the properties (cut/paste, change format etc). I'll right click to
find the appropriate action. As I'm moving the mouse to the appropriate
link, the mouse will randomly activate an action. Again, I haven't left
clicked to select it.

Does anyone have any idea what causes this? It's driving me crazy.

reneabesmer

Hiiiiiii
listen my dear friend before changing ur mouse must try onething if it
works then u must inform me.
in ur Operating system go to Start and then Programes and then system tools
and click on disk clean up
and clean ur disk from un-necessary files
and restard ur computer i hope that i may work out for u , if it don't so
then u can change ur mouse.
good luck !!!!!!!!