Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default words in cell keep repeating

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
Are you importing information from the internet ?, I'm getting the same thing
but only from my bank account import,
I did ask the same question few months ago but never got a reply.
Hoping someone has a answer.
Regards
John
"Hyde Park" <Hyde Park @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably a Fill format.

Format - Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)

As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
to Indent Left.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jim
"You're the man", it solved my problem, hope it's the same for Hyde Park
Many thanks....
Regards
John

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Thank you!!! This fix just saved my file.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

thanks man you saved my day (internship) :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

You are the bomb.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Jim, this solution worked.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think we can all agree that JIM is awesome, and has been saving people for a decade now!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Can someone help me please i have two rows that are connected. what i type in one row then goes into the cell below.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Still saving the day, thanks Jim!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jim saves the day!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 at 11:07:01 AM UTC-4, Park @discussions.microsoft.com Hyde Park wrote:
Inmatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens