Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting Conditional Formatting Icon Sets

I have used the traffic light icon set in conditional formatting so that it
displays both the traffic light and the cells data.

Is it possible to format the traffic light so that it appears on the right
of the data instead of the left.

Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm afraid we don't have control of the icon position relative to the cell
contents.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"The Rook" wrote:

I have used the traffic light icon set in conditional formatting so that it
displays both the traffic light and the cells data.

Is it possible to format the traffic light so that it appears on the right
of the data instead of the left.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi again,

what you could do is put the values in one column, say column A, and format
column B with your stop lights, but based on the values in column A.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"The Rook" wrote:

I have used the traffic light icon set in conditional formatting so that it
displays both the traffic light and the cells data.

Is it possible to format the traffic light so that it appears on the right
of the data instead of the left.

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I appologize, i realize that the approach might not be obvious. Assume that
the first cell with values in A2

1. With the values in column A enter the following formula in B2
=A2
2. Copy this down as needed.
3. Apply you stop light icon conditional formatting to column B.
4. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, Manage Rules, pick your rule and
click Edit Rule.
5. At the bottom right corner turn on Show Icon Only, OK, OK
6. Align the icons using the regular align tools, adjust the column width
as desired.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire