Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trying to create a formula in MSExcel 2007 (DATE based)

So I am trying to create a formula in excel that is based off of a
start and end date.

It's probably fairly simplistic, but I am missing sme component
somewhere to finish this.

In short, I want to look at the start and end date of multiple
projects. If the it falls within the date range I would return a value
of "A" for active or if it doesn't I would return a value of "I" for
inactive.

I have about 80 projects running and I want to show a forecast of what
projects will be running each month and what won't based on start and
end dates.

Has anyone done something similar to this?

Thank you so much in advance.

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming you data in the below format, with headers in 1st Row and data from
row2 use the below formula in D2..The formula checks whether the date
mentioned in the header falls between start date and end date..

=IF(AND(D$1=$B2,D$1<=$C2),"A","I")

Copy the formula to other columns/rows. Format the header date cells as you
need.

Project Start Date End Date 5/1/2009 6/1/2009 7/1/2009
Project A 4/1/2009 12/1/2009 A A A
Project B 3/1/2009 5/1/2009 A I I
Project C 3/1/2009 5/1/2009 A I I
Project D 3/1/2009 5/1/2009 A I I

--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

" wrote:

So I am trying to create a formula in excel that is based off of a
start and end date.

It's probably fairly simplistic, but I am missing sme component
somewhere to finish this.

In short, I want to look at the start and end date of multiple
projects. If the it falls within the date range I would return a value
of "A" for active or if it doesn't I would return a value of "I" for
inactive.

I have about 80 projects running and I want to show a forecast of what
projects will be running each month and what won't based on start and
end dates.

Has anyone done something similar to this?

Thank you so much in advance.

Rob

MSExcel 2007 Filters do not allow Copy and Paste of data Avril V Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 10th 09 06:04 PM
MSExcel 2007 murace New Users to Excel 2 March 29th 07 10:32 AM
Create a formula based on date jenn Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 8th 07 04:53 PM
Need to create formula based on date Gary''s Student New Users to Excel 0 November 29th 06 11:32 PM
Need to create formula based on date Eileen New Users to Excel 0 November 29th 06 10:39 PM