Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
joncraver

Default Selecting all images in spreedsheet at once

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that runs a macro that lets me add images to a
spreadsheet from a particular folder and position them following a
particular grid. I use it to make lists of products to be made in a
particular day. But i need to resize the images to fit the grid after
the fact before i can print the list.

There are over 2000 images in the folder, so modifying the original
images to fit isnt really an option. Currently, I am selecting all the
images by hold shift and clicking. Then i resize them all using format
picturesize tab. This works well.

Except that if i accidently miss-click, i deselect everything and have
to start over. Which can get really frustrating when speed is a
factor.

I was wondering if there is a way to select all images at once without
click on each one. Ive lookin most properties and help but have come
up empty. Anyone know of a way?

John

--
joncraver
joncraver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34390

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Selecting all images in spreedsheet at once

Hi John,

Yes, there is a way to select all images in your spreadsheet at once. Here's how:
  1. Click on any image in your spreadsheet to select it.
  2. Press "Ctrl" + "A" on your keyboard. This will select all objects in your spreadsheet, including images.
  3. Now, you can resize all the images at once by going to the "Format Picture" tab and adjusting the size as needed.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JE McGimpsey

Use this macro:

Public Sub SelectAllPics()
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Select
End Sub

In article ,
joncraver
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RajKohli

There is also a simple way to select all objects with in your worksheet.
There is a button called Select Multiple Objects, which is not displayed by
default in Drawing Toolbar.

In the end of drawing toolbar click the arrow and use Add Remove Button
option expand the Drawing toolbar list and make a checkmark on "Select
Multiple Objects".

This feature can be used to Select All or Particular objects.

Hope this information helps you, let us know!

"joncraver" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
joncraver

thanks for the help.

the macro listed above works fine. thanks

how exactly do you add a hotkey command to a macro?
(i've only ever made macros with hotkeys through the recorder, not via
writing the code from scratch)

--
joncraver
joncraver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34390
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=541707

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Paul B

joncraver, tools, macro, select your macro, options

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"joncraver" wrote