LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  

Default Disable auto-input of cell when typing a minus

I'm using Excel2007. For this case, I'm not using it to do any calculations; rather just a data listing (with repeated cell values: Thus, MsAccess is out of option).

To explain properly, whenever one types in a minus/dash sign (-), Excel will automatically insert the "name" of the highlighted cell (e.g. A1, B2, etc).

Setting the data as 'Text', I could have just press 'Enter' to input the sign. However, as it is possible to input data directly into a cell, it would be unnecessary for me to press 'Enter' and just navigate to other cells with the arrow keys easily.

I'm wondering if it is possible to do that?
  #2   Report Post  

You need VBA .
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On