Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add data every 14 days?

Hi,

I need to update the data in a specific cell whenever 14 days has passed.
That is I want to add a nominated $ amount every 14 days. I use the formula
=A21-Start_date to determine how many days have passed from the start date.
The cell that shows this updated data is not the one containing any formulas.
Not every day is displayed but I just need to add this amount whenever 14
days have passed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

C2 = amount to add every 14 days
D2 = start date
A21 = end date (after this date the formula will stop adding)

I'm assuming the start date will not be a date in the future.

=C2*INT((MIN(TODAY(),A21)-D2)/14)

Format cell as GENERAL or NUMBER

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Kevin Coleman" <Kevin wrote in message

I need to update the data in a specific cell whenever 14 days has passed.
That is I want to add a nominated $ amount every 14 days. I use the
formula
=A21-Start_date to determine how many days have passed from the start
date.
The cell that shows this updated data is not the one containing any
formulas.
Not every day is displayed but I just need to add this amount whenever 14
days have passed.

Junior Member

Location: London, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Valko View Post
[...]

This formula is potentially immensely useful; I have been trying to invent or find something like this for ages. But what is the significance of 'MIN(TODAY()'? What should I insert there? Thanks in anticipation…!