Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating Date of next birthday

Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 22/12/08 2:52 PM, in article , "Ken
Lumley" wrote:

Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry all, I had a blank moment. The answer is relatively simple for anyone
who may be interested:

=((DATEDIF(F4,TODAY(),"y")+1)*365.25)+F4-30 where F4 contains the date of
birth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think you'll find that you'll often be a day out with that formula. As an
example, try it out with 1st Jan of various years as the DoB (and you may
want to remove the -30 term for the test to make it clearer).

Try =DATE(YEAR(F4)+(DATEDIF(F4,TODAY(),"y")+1),MONTH(F 4),DAY(F4))-30
--
David Biddulph

Lumley" wrote:

Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004
for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course
the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the
date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry all, I had a blank moment. The answer is relatively simple for
anyone
who may be interested:

=((DATEDIF(F4,TODAY(),"y")+1)*365.25)+F4-30 where F4 contains the date of
birth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate the age from 2 dates

calcuate the age from 2 different dates

Ken Lumley wrote:

Calculating Date of next birthday
21-Dec-08

Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

On Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:52 PM
Ken Lumley wrote:

Calculating Date of next birthday
Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Lumley" wrote:

Sorry all, I had a blank moment. The answer is relatively simple for anyone
who may be interested:

=((DATEDIF(F4,TODAY(),"y")+1)*365.25)+F4-30 where F4 contains the date of
birth

On Monday, December 22, 2008 1:33 AM
David Biddulph wrote:

I think you'll find that you'll often be a day out with that formula.
I think you'll find that you'll often be a day out with that formula. As an
example, try it out with 1st Jan of various years as the DoB (and you may
want to remove the -30 term for the test to make it clearer).

Try =DATE(YEAR(F4)+(DATEDIF(F4,TODAY(),"y")+1),MONTH(F 4),DAY(F4))-30
--
David Biddulph

RemoteSoft Decompiler,Obfuscator, Protector
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mpilerobf.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2),DAY(A2))TODAY(),
DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),
DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)))-30

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ken Lumley" wrote in message

RemoteSoft Decompiler,Obfuscator, Protector
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mpilerobf.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I went a slightly different route.

This is based on putting the persons date of birth i.e. 1/1/1980 in B4 and depending on todays date working out if the birthday is this year or next and adding the appropriate year

=IF(DATEVALUE((DAY(B4)&"/"&MONTH(B4)&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())))TODAY(),DAY(B4)&"/"&MONTH(B4)&"/"& (YEAR(TODAY())),DAY(B4)&"/"&MONTH(B4)&"/"&YEAR(TODAY())+1)

If it works for you then grand.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

rolwey.stats wrote:

I went a slightly different route.

Okay, but... the original post was 8 years ago.

--
Goddammit grad school, you're making me overanalyze funny pictures of cats.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lumley View Post
Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for mac. I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date of the next birthday. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
Nhanh tay chọn cho gia đình những vị tr* căn đẹp trong án, nh* đã ho*n th*nh chuẩn bị trao nh*. Căn hộ Happy City cháy h*ng trong lần mở bán đầu tiên.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Monday, 22 December 2008 08:52:48 UTC+4, Ken Lumley wrote:
Perhaps a strange type of request however I have a list of 500 birthdates
and I need to calculate 30 days before the next birthday for each and
display that as a date. I'm using excel 2003 for windows and excel 2004 for
mac.

I can calculate the age as at the next birthday in years and of course the
current age. What I can't seem to figure out how to do is calculate the date
of the next birthday.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

=EDATE(A1,CEILING.MATH(YEARFRAC(A1,TODAY()),1)*12)-30

where A1 is the birthdate