LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default IF statement returns false when statment is True

I have the following formula:

=IF(AND(S95<"",TODAY()<S95),"Investigating PFM",IF(AND(S95<"",TODAY()S95,T95=""),TODAY()-S95&" "&""&"Days Past Due",IF(AND(S95="",T95<""),"Investigation Report Received",IF(AND(S95<"",T95<""),"Investigation Report Received",IF(L95="District Did Not Investigate","PFM Withdrawn",IF(AND(S95="",TODAY()Q95),TODAY()-Q95&" "&""&"Days Past Due",IF(AND(S95="",TODAY()<Q95),"Investigating PFM")))))))

This statement return false when in reality it is true. Why?
IF(L95="District Did Not Investigate","PFM Withdrawn"
  #3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Claus

Thanks very much for the help but I get the same answer. The formula is recognizing L95 as false when in reality it is true. In l95 I have a drop down list that I make a selection from but for whatever reason the formula is returning a result of false.

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 8:14:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:

=IF(AND(S95<"",TODAY()<S95),"Investigating PFM",IF(AND(S95<"",TODAY()S95,T95=""),TODAY()-S95&" "&""&"Days Past Due",IF(AND(S95="",T95<""),"Investigation Report Received",IF(AND(S95<"",T95<""),"Investigation Report Received",IF(L95="District Did Not Investigate","PFM Withdrawn",IF(AND(S95="",TODAY()Q95),TODAY()-Q95&" "&""&"Days Past Due",IF(AND(S95="",TODAY()<Q95),"Investigating PFM")))))))

#5   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Claus

Thanks very much for your help. That was the problem. I had extra spaces at the end of the text in L95 that was throwing off the formula. Again thanks very much.

Don

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 8:14:32 AM UTC-4, Don B wrote: