How do I sum up random cells

Old February 26th 10, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jag

Default How do I sum up random cells

Hello Spiky,
What if there are #N/A values in your cell range? Any way to prevent the
SUM() function from skipping those?
Thanks,
Joe

Old February 26th 10, 01:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jag

Hi Gord,
What if there are some cells with the value of #N/A? What could be done so
the Sum function skips those and continues to sum the remaining cells in the
selection?
Thanks,
Joe

Old February 26th 10, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jag

Hi Lori,
What if one of the cells in the selection has a value of #N/A? Is there any
way that the Sum function can disregard those and still provide a total of
the good cells in the selection?
Thanks,
Joe

Old February 28th 10, 03:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_]

=sumif(range,">=0",sum_range)+sumif(range,"<=0",su m_range)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

Old April 20th 17, 06:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, April 25, 2008 at 1:11:01 AM UTC-6, Josh W wrote:
> I want to add up the values of various discontiguous cells in a worksheet
> e.g. A2+A7+C4+D7+G3. What is the quickest way to do this? The autosum
> function doesn't seem to work for this. Excel 2003. Thanks.

Hello does anyone who how to get the sum of a random cells..

example i am working on a project of comparing prices but i dont want to compare all the prices of all the products just the ones i need at that time.