Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bobito

Default How to nest functions with SUMIF function in excel

I am trying to use 2 variables with the SUMIF function. ie:-
sumif(<range1,<criteria1)(<range2,<criteria2), <sum_range
So far, I cannot find out if this is possible. Has anyone tried and managed
to do this successfully?

I thought maybe that the AND function has to be used ... for example:-
Sumif(AND(A:A,"Car"(B:B,"Red",C:C))) - but with this example, I get the
error message:- "You've entered too few arguments etc "
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A200="Car"),--(B1:B200="Red"),C1:C200)

note that you cannot use the whole column (no A:A or B:B)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Bobito" wrote in message
I am trying to use 2 variables with the SUMIF function. ie:-
sumif(<range1,<criteria1)(<range2,<criteria2), <sum_range
So far, I cannot find out if this is possible. Has anyone tried and
managed
to do this successfully?

I thought maybe that the AND function has to be used ... for example:-
Sumif(AND(A:A,"Car"(B:B,"Red",C:C))) - but with this example, I get the
error message:- "You've entered too few arguments etc "

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

http://tutorialway.com/use-sumif-function-in-excel/
visit this site
Junior Member

Follow these steps to nest function with SUMIF

Click the cell in which you want to enter the formula.

To start the formula with the function, click Insert Function Button image on the formula bar Button image .

Excel inserts the equal sign (=) for you.

In the Or select a category box, select All.

If you are familiar with the function categories, you can also select a category.

If you're not sure which function to use, you can type a question that describes what you want to do in the Search for a function box (for example, "add numbers" returns the SUM function).

To enter another function as an argument, enter the function in the argument box that you want.

The parts of the formula displayed in the Function Arguments dialog box reflect the function that you selected in the previous step.

If you clicked IF, the Function arguments dialog box displays the arguments for the IF function. To nest another function, you can enter it into the argument box. For example, you could enter SUM(G2:G5) in the Value_if_true box of the IF function.

Enter any additional arguments that are needed to complete your formula.

Instead of typing cell references, you can also select the cells that you want to reference. Click Button image to minimize the dialog box, select the cells you want to reference, and then click Button image to expand the dialog box again.

I hope this helps!
Tim Paine
Member

Hey, for SUMIF, i really found this article helpful. Maybe you can check this one out, too.

https://www.efinancialmodels.com/kno...tion-in-excel/

Junior Member

"@Peo Sjoblom Quite a common problem for beginners! SUMIF is a function used to sum values for a single criterion.
Using this function, you can find the sum of the numbers that apply a range condition. This function is part of the math and trigonometry functions. Similar to the name, it will sum if the given criteria are satisfied. This function is used to find the sum of specific numbers in a large data set. When I have had problems like this before, I have gone to https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/reso...-formula-excel. In your case, try to use the function panel. It is longer but more practical. Look for them in the Search field! Then use additional arguments and complete the formula! Patience to you in this endeavor!"