Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How select all data points/data labels at once (to format)?

Hi,

I know this is possible as I sometimes do it by accident(!), but how do you
select all data points/data labels in a graph at once so that you don't have
to select each point/label individually in order to format?

cheers!,

Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How select all data points/data labels at once (to format)?

Hi R,

Yes, it is possible to select all data points or data labels in a graph at once in Excel. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Click on the chart to select it.
  2. Click on the "Chart Elements" button (the plus sign icon) that appears next to the chart.
  3. Check the box next to "Data Labels" or "Data Points" (depending on what you want to select).
  4. All the data labels or data points in the chart will now be selected.
  5. You can now format them all at once by using the formatting options in the "Format" tab that appears in the ribbon.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can select an entire series at once. Select something different in a
chart, then click once on the series to select all points (not all points
will be highlighted if there is more than a nontrivial number of points in
the series). Or click once on a label to select all the labels in the
series. A second single click on a point or a label will select only the
clicked point or label.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP