-   -   In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/181774-excel-how-do-i-get-blank-rows-columns-print.html)

cvfc the dj

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
cells
on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.

what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
thanks very much for any help.
Go Tribe.

Pete_UK

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

Are you printing gridlines or borders for those empty cells? If not,
then nothing will show on the printout.

If you are, then all you need to do is make your print area larger.
Highlight the cells that you want to print (including the blanks) and
click on File | Print Area | Set Print Area.

Now if you do File | Print Preview you can see what the effect will
be.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 29, 2:23*pm, cvfc the dj <cvfc the
wrote:
I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
cells
on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.

what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
thanks very much for any help.
Go Tribe.

Jim May

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

include such in your page setup print area, maybe?

"cvfc the dj" wrote:

I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
cells
on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.

what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
thanks very much for any help.
Go Tribe.

Dave Peterson

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

You could change the print area.

In xl2003, you can:
Select the area to print
File|print area|set print area

But if you want to just let excel determine the print range, you could put
something in the bottom right corner.

I like to use a formula that makes the cell look empty:
=""

It's enough for me to notice and remember why it's there.

--

Dave Peterson

Bruce Sinclair

In article , Pete_UK wrote:
Are you printing gridlines or borders for those empty cells? If not,
then nothing will show on the printout.

If you are, then all you need to do is make your print area larger.
Highlight the cells that you want to print (including the blanks) and
click on File | Print Area | Set Print Area.

Now if you do File | Print Preview you can see what the effect will
be.

Alternatively, you could put a small (or maybe an unprintable ?) character
in the cell you want it to print to. I use a "." for this.

juanita fancher

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

I need blank monthly household budget forms can you help

cvfc the dj wrote:

--

Dave Peterson

On Sunday, March 30, 2008 5:44 PM Pete_UK wrote:

Are you printing gridlines or borders for those empty cells? If not,
then nothing will show on the printout.

If you are, then all you need to do is make your print area larger.
Highlight the cells that you want to print (including the blanks) and
click on File | Print Area | Set Print Area.

Now if you do File | Print Preview you can see what the effect will
be.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 29, 2:23=A0pm, cvfc the dj <cvfc the
wrote:
ank

On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:47 PM bruce.sinclai wrote:

Alternatively, you could put a small (or maybe an unprintable ?) character
in the cell you want it to print to. I use a "." for this.

GS[_2_]

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

It happens that juanita fancher formulated :
I need blank monthly household budget forms can you help

I don't see what this has to do with printing blank rows/columns, so
why not start a new topic?

Anyway, try here...

http://www.spreadsheetzone.com/searc...ehold%20budget

--
Garry

Gord

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

Have a look here..........

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...=budget&av=zxl

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

--

wrote:
ank

On Tuesday, April 01, 2008 8:47 PM bruce.sinclai wrote:

Alternatively, you could put a small (or maybe an unprintable ?) character
in the cell you want it to print to. I use a "." for this.

[email protected]

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

Click and drag all the area you want to print and click the borders button.

GS[_6_]

In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

Click and drag all the area you want to print and click the borders button.

Just select the range and Set Print Area

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc