bayhe

Default Grouped Columns/Rows

I have a worksheet where I grouped some of the columns and rows. (data --
group and outline -- group).
At the same time, I need to protect the worksheet with password so that the
locked cells would not be edited.
The users need to be able to group or ungroup the cells (by clicking on the
+/- button).
What should I do?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Frank Kabel

Hi
I would create (record) a macro which first unprotects the sheet, then
ungroups your data and protects the sheet again.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

bayhe wrote:
I have a worksheet where I grouped some of the columns and rows.
(data -- group and outline -- group).
At the same time, I need to protect the worksheet with password so
that the locked cells would not be edited.
The users need to be able to group or ungroup the cells (by clicking
on the +/- button).
What should I do?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Debra Dalgleish

If you protect the worksheet programmatically, you can enable outlining,
and you will be able to use the groups that you have created.

Code similar to the following goes in the ThisWorkbook module:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
With Worksheets("Sheet1")
.EnableOutlining = True
.Protect Password:="password", _
Contents:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End With

End Sub

To paste the code into the ThisWorkbook module:

Right-click on the Excel icon, to the left of the File menu
Choose View Code
Paste the code where the cursor is flashing.

bayhe wrote:
I have a worksheet where I grouped some of the columns and rows. (data --
group and outline -- group).
At the same time, I need to protect the worksheet with password so that the
locked cells would not be edited.
The users need to be able to group or ungroup the cells (by clicking on the
+/- button).
What should I do?
Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html