Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default file could not be accessed - reference xlextras.xla

When I click format and hover over FONT or SHEET I get an error pop-up saying
"the file could not be accessed". It refers to "xlextras.xla". I've looked
through my add-ins and did a search on my computer for xlextras.xla and
couldn't find it. Somewhere Excel is looking for that and can't find it.
Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

These are not standard command - Format - Font and Format - Sheet. An
add-in apparently installed them and the add-in is lost. You could choose
Tool, Add-ins and uncheck the add-in that you think is causing the problem.
You will probably get a message about removing it from the list, you should
respond Yes.

If you want the features you should go out to the internet and download it
again or install it from a book cd or whereever you got it.

If uninstalling it doesn't get rid of the menu commands choose View,
Toolbar, Customize, Toolbar tab, select Worksheet Menu Bar and click Reset.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Steve" wrote:

When I click format and hover over FONT or SHEET I get an error pop-up saying
"the file could not be accessed". It refers to "xlextras.xla". I've looked
through my add-ins and did a search on my computer for xlextras.xla and
couldn't find it. Somewhere Excel is looking for that and can't find it.
Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well...the format command in the menu bar is in every version of Excel I've
ever used. When you click you get cells, font, row, column sheet.

This addin isn't listed in the list of addins in tools/addins.