Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using IE from VBA - Permission Denied

Here is my code.

Dim ie As InternetExplorer
Dim ipf As Object

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")<<<<<t his is failed line

I have set referance to "Microsoft internet controls".

I am getting run time error 70 - Permission Denied.

Uptill today it was working fine. No new softwares installed / uninstalled.

Pl help.

Madiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In message of
Fri, 20 Jul 2012 04:56:52 in microsoft.public.excel.programming, Madiya
writes
Here is my code.

Dim ie As InternetExplorer
Dim ipf As Object

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")<<<<<t his is failed line

I have set referance to "Microsoft internet controls".

I am getting run time error 70 - Permission Denied.

Uptill today it was working fine. No new softwares installed / uninstalled.

I assume you have rebooted.
In Excel 2003, I created the following code.

Option Explicit

Sub Macro1()
Dim ie As InternetExplorer

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
End Sub

As expected, when I ran the code, "Dim ie As InternetExplorer" got
"Compile error
User-defined type not defined"

That was fixed by stopping the code, selecting Tools\References and
checking "Microsoft Internet Controls".

I then found the code ran correctly. I am sorry I have no idea why you
are getting an error 70.

I have a follow up question.
The code depends on a reference to "Microsoft Internet Controls".
Has anybody got code which will set that reference programatically?
i.e. I want code for a procedure SetReference with a call
SetReference "Microsoft Internet Controls".

I have seen code which uses GUIDs as input to replace missing
references. <http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=267
I want code, which starts with a clean slate and sets a reference.

I would be happy with an explanation on why what I want is impossible.

There is a second question. How can I tell that InternetExplorer is
resolved by Microsoft Internet Controls?

My own code uses
Public IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer ' Needs Tools/References/Microsoft Internet Controls
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application.1")

I assume SHDocVw.InternetExplorer and InternetExplorer are equivalent.
It can do no harm to try the substitution.
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Walter.
Sorry I couold not post reply due to some urgent assignment.

Mine was indeed a permission issue.
I tried to restore my pc to an earlier restore point which resolved the issue.
I think if you want to run the code without referances, its possible and is called late binding. But I am not an expert to comment much on the same althouogh I have seen many code snippets with late binding.

Regards,
Madiya

On Saturday, 21 July 2012 14:33:46 UTC+5:30, Walter Briscoe wrote:
In message &gt; of
Fri, 20 Jul 2012 04:56:52 in microsoft.public.excel.programming, Madiya
&lt;madiya122 at yahoo.co.uk&gt; writes
&gt;Here is my code.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;Dim ie As InternetExplorer
&gt;Dim ipf As Object
&gt;
&gt;Set ie = CreateObject(&quot;InternetExplorer.Application&qu ot;)&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;this is failed line
&gt;
&gt;I have set referance to &quot;Microsoft internet controls&quot;.
&gt;
&gt;I am getting run time error 70 - Permission Denied.
&gt;
&gt;Uptill today it was working fine. No new softwares installed / uninstalled.

I assume you have rebooted.
In Excel 2003, I created the following code.

Option Explicit

Sub Macro1()
Dim ie As InternetExplorer

Set ie = CreateObject(&quot;InternetExplorer.Application&qu ot;)
End Sub

As expected, when I ran the code, &quot;Dim ie As InternetExplorer&quot; got
&quot;Compile error
User-defined type not defined&quot;

That was fixed by stopping the code, selecting Tools\References and
checking &quot;Microsoft Internet Controls&quot;.

I then found the code ran correctly. I am sorry I have no idea why you
are getting an error 70.

I have a follow up question.
The code depends on a reference to &quot;Microsoft Internet Controls&quot;.
Has anybody got code which will set that reference programatically?
i.e. I want code for a procedure SetReference with a call
SetReference &quot;Microsoft Internet Controls&quot;.

I have seen code which uses GUIDs as input to replace missing
references. &lt;http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarti...?kb_id=267&gt;
I want code, which starts with a clean slate and sets a reference.

I would be happy with an explanation on why what I want is impossible.

There is a second question. How can I tell that InternetExplorer is
resolved by Microsoft Internet Controls?

My own code uses
Public IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer ' Needs Tools/References/Microsoft Internet Controls
Set IE = CreateObject(&quot;InternetExplorer.Application.1& quot;)