Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default insert a checkmark

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First enter this macro in a standard module:

Sub Macro1()
Selection.Font.Name = "Marlett"
Selection.Value = "b"
End Sub

and then assign it to either a toolbar button or a shortcut key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007L

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another workaround with fonts. Single click on any range to check/uncheck.

1. In the required range (suppose ColD) in all cells enter small letter "e".
2. Select all cells in that range and change the font to Marlett.
3. Adjust the column width to look like a square check box
4. Right click on the sheet tab and hit view code. Paste the below code

If Target.Font.Name = "Marlett" And Target.Count = 1 Then
Target.Value = IIf(Target.Value = "r", "e", "r")
'Target.Value = IIf(Target.Value = "a", "e", "a") 'For tick mark

Try single click on any of the cells in that range. To remove the check mark
click on another cell out of the range and again click on the cell.

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might be too simplistic, but I go through the insert process to put a
check mark in the first cell of the column, then when I need to mark a row
below I just right click to copy it and paste another one wherever I need it.
Have a great weekend!

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cindy
If you're using the X : =COUNTIF(D1:D20,"=r")/COUNTA(D1:D20)
Adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I adjusted for my range (D3:D98) and clicked 5 boxes to make then show "X".
My formula cell now shows "FALSE". I need a count of the "X"s so that I can
figure a percentage of how many were checked out of a possible amount of
questions. Hope that makes sense....I know we are getting close. :)

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell to
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cindy
You shouldn't multipost. Dave is giving you all the options on your other post.
=COUNTIF(D3:D98,"=r") will count how many X in that range.
=COUNTIF(D3:D98,"=r")/COUNTA(D3:D98) This should give you the percentage.
I don't really know why you're getting a "False" reading, did you double check
the formula,
I tested it and it work fine.
HTH
John

"Cindy" wrote in message
I adjusted for my range (D3:D98) and clicked 5 boxes to make then show "X".
My formula cell now shows "FALSE". I need a count of the "X"s so that I can
figure a percentage of how many were checked out of a possible amount of
questions. Hope that makes sense....I know we are getting close. :)

"John" wrote:

Hi Cindy
If you're using the X :
Adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or
other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar icon
instead of going thru the process of InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a cell
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I
suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

John, I apologize to you and Dave both. I am just desperate for a
resolution. Maybe I should not have even used the code, but it made the
boxes look neat and worked really well for people to "X" the box.
Here is the formula I put in the cell at the bottom of column D:
=COUNTIF(D3:D98,"=r")/COUNTA(D3:D98). I am copying that from the Excel
program. Do you see a problem?

Am I suppossed to be putting it somewhere in the visual basic portion?
Again I am not meaning to offend anyone buy trying to get an answer.
Hopefully we can work it out on here. Thanks,

"Cindy" wrote in message
I adjusted for my range (D3:D98) and clicked 5 boxes to make then show "X".
My formula cell now shows "FALSE". I need a count of the "X"s so that I can
figure a percentage of how many were checked out of a possible amount of
questions. Hope that makes sense....I know we are getting close. :)

"John" wrote:

Hi Cindy
If you're using the X :
Adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Cindy
The formula goes in a cell anywhere but that range "D3:D98".
Am sorry but I can't figure why you are getting a "False" error.
=COUNTIF(D3:D98,"=r")/COUNTA(D3:D98). I am copying that from the Excel
program. Do you see a problem?

No, the = sign is redundant but works fine.
Did you try this formula just to count the "X" =COUNTIF(D3:D98,"=r")
Hope someone else can help
Sorry
John

"Cindy" wrote in message
I adjusted for my range (D3:D98) and clicked 5 boxes to make then show "X".
My formula cell now shows "FALSE". I need a count of the "X"s so that I can
figure a percentage of how many were checked out of a possible amount of
questions. Hope that makes sense....I know we are getting close. :)

"John" wrote:

Hi Cindy
If you're using the X :
Adjust range to your needs.
HTH
John

"8Gent'M'" wrote:

It would save me loads of time to be able to insert a check mark or
other
symbol of my choosing into my Excel based calendar from a tool bar
icon
instead of going thru the process of
InsertSymbolselectinsertclose.
A simple icon that inserts my chosen symbol in the beginning of a
cell
mark that I have done that task.......Is this possible now or can I
suggest
it?
Thanks for your time!

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the
"I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,
follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I used =COUNTIF(D3:D20,"r") instead of =COUNTIF(D3:D20,"=r")

No equal(=) sign in the "r"