Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

Default Excel 2003 behavior

Hello,

When we open an Excel 2002 spreadsheet with Excel 2003 (running on XP) the
spreadsheet is recalculated to be optimized for Excel 2003. If some cells
have links to outside data (on other spreadsheet we don`t have) this causes
problems.

Is there a way around this automatic feature of Excel 2003 ? Can it be
disabled ?

Jacques Trepanier

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup

ToolsOptionsEdit. Uncheck "ask to update automatic links"

Or maybe better just go to EditLinks and delete the non-existent workbook from
the list by "break links".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP