Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default I'm printing charts in excel. I see them on my screen, but they .

I see the chart with the data lines on my screen. When I go to print... the
chart prints... but there are no data lines. Everything prints but my
selected data on the chart??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Feb 20, 9:06*am, magallan
wrote:
I see the chart with the data lines on my screen. *When I go to print.... the
chart prints... but there are no data lines. *Everything prints but my
selected data on the chart??

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Would you like to send me a sample file. I would like to experiment.
Remove TRUENORTH. from email address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote in message
On Feb 20, 9:06 am, magallan
wrote:
I see the chart with the data lines on my screen. When I go to print...
the
chart prints... but there are no data lines. Everything prints but my
selected data on the chart??

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This turned out to be a printer problem as the chart with 9000 point printed
fine on an HP LaserJet 1200 and an Hp LaserJet 2600
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

wrote in message
On Feb 20, 9:06 am, magallan
wrote:
I see the chart with the data lines on my screen. When I go to print...
the
chart prints... but there are no data lines. Everything prints but my
selected data on the chart??

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rob Rob is offline

Default I'm printing charts in excel. I see them on my screen, but the

I've been having similar problems.

I thought I found something on google awhile back about a limitation of the
amount of data points you could have in an Excel 2007 file before it would
not show the data when printed.

I just tried printing a graph with 5,522 columns and 6 rows. I tried it on 3
different printers and by printing it to a pdf file. Every one of them did
exactly the same thing; a nice graph, but no data!

The only solution I've found for the problem is to open it with Excel 2003.
After doing so it will print just fine. This is becoming more and more of a
problem as I'm processing more data and they are forcing us to upgrade all
our machines from 03 to 07. Is there something I'm missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
DB DB is offline

I am having the same problem with charts in Excel 2007. The lines on the
chart will not print, yet they are showing on the legend.

I have tried on a Canon printer and a HP Laserjet and both give the same
problem

"Rob" wrote:

I've been having similar problems.

I thought I found something on google awhile back about a limitation of the
amount of data points you could have in an Excel 2007 file before it would
not show the data when printed.

I just tried printing a graph with 5,522 columns and 6 rows. I tried it on 3
different printers and by printing it to a pdf file. Every one of them did
exactly the same thing; a nice graph, but no data!

The only solution I've found for the problem is to open it with Excel 2003.
After doing so it will print just fine. This is becoming more and more of a
problem as I'm processing more data and they are forcing us to upgrade all
our machines from 03 to 07. Is there something I'm missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default printing chart with more than 2709 points

I have the same issue but no matter what printer or computer running excel 2007 if i have more than 2709 data points the data does not show. HOWEVER, if you turn off the "smoothed line" in "marker line style" it works. i printed a graph with two sets of 11,000 data points with two different colors without issue...Microsoft should definitely do something about this however :(

D wrote:

I am having the same problem with charts in Excel 2007.
09-Apr-09

I am having the same problem with charts in Excel 2007. The lines on the
chart will not print, yet they are showing on the legend.

I have tried on a Canon printer and a HP Laserjet and both give the same
problem

"Rob" wrote:

On Friday, February 20, 2009 9:06 AM
magalla wrote:

I'm printing charts in excel. I see them on my screen, but they .
I see the chart with the data lines on my screen. When I go to print... the
chart prints... but there are no data lines. Everything prints but my
selected data on the chart??

On Friday, February 20, 2009 2:25 PM
Bernard Liengme wrote:

Would you like to send me a sample file. I would like to experiment.
Would you like to send me a sample file. I would like to experiment.
Remove TRUENORTH. from email address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

wrote in message
On Feb 20, 9:06 am, magallan
wrote:

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.

On Saturday, February 21, 2009 5:39 AM
zacharylovegrov wrote:

I'm printing charts in excel. I see them on my screen, but they .
On Feb 20, 9:06=A0am, magallan
wrote:
.. the

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.

On Monday, February 23, 2009 8:56 AM
Bernard Liengme wrote:

This turned out to be a printer problem as the chart with 9000 point printed
This turned out to be a printer problem as the chart with 9000 point printed
fine on an HP LaserJet 1200 and an Hp LaserJet 2600
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme
remove caps from email

wrote in message
On Feb 20, 9:06 am, magallan
wrote:

I just found a similar problem. I am printing a scatter and the print
preview shows the scatter points (which form a line). There are
nearly 9,000 points on my scatter. If I limit the number of points to
2,000 it prints correctly. I have found a similar report that claims
there is a limit of 2709 points (which would be new to excel 2007). I
am waiting on a response from Microsoft now. Until then I have to use
excel 2003 to print the charts. If anyone has a solution let me know.

On Monday, April 06, 2009 3:01 PM
Ro wrote:

I've been having similar problems.
I've been having similar problems.

I thought I found something on google awhile back about a limitation of the
amount of data points you could have in an Excel 2007 file before it would
not show the data when printed.

I just tried printing a graph with 5,522 columns and 6 rows. I tried it on 3
different printers and by printing it to a pdf file. Every one of them did
exactly the same thing; a nice graph, but no data!

The only solution I've found for the problem is to open it with Excel 2003.
After doing so it will print just fine. This is becoming more and more of a
problem as I'm processing more data and they are forcing us to upgrade all
our machines from 03 to 07. Is there something I'm missing?

On Monday, April 06, 2009 5:12 PM
Ro wrote:

I'm printing charts in excel. I see them on my screen, but the
Sorry I meant 5,522 rows and 6 columns.

"Rob" wrote:

On Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:33 AM
D wrote:

I am having the same problem with charts in Excel 2007.
I am having the same problem with charts in Excel 2007. The lines on the
chart will not print, yet they are showing on the legend.

I have tried on a Canon printer and a HP Laserjet and both give the same
problem

"Rob" wrote:

SQL Server Reporting Services - Lessons Learned
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ting-serv.aspx